Thursday, March 14, 2013

Why me?

If we follow Jesus Christ our life will not be easy, it will not be all plain sailing. He warned that we must go through much tribulation into the kingdom of God. There will be times that life will be difficult, that things will happen to us that we don't understand and we say:”Lord why me? Why did this happen?” But all His ways are loving kindness. He will never forsake us. He guides our footsteps, He is the good Shepherd. He will take us through dark places but He will also bring us to green pastures where we can rest. Sometimes He will suddenly, abruptly bring our life to a standstill. It might be sickness, it might be an accident, something that happened. It is the hand of God because He wants to talk to us. He wants us to understand that He is God. It is not us doing the things, it is Him. Without Him we can do nothing. The psalmist says in Psalm 46:10.“Be still, and know that I am God.” Without Jesus we can do nothing but it is sometimes important that we be quiet before Him, that we take time to LISTEN because very often we are TOO BUSY, too resourceful, too busy doing things FOR THE LORD, too busy with our own mind. Sometimes we need to be pruned. Every branch in Him that bears fruit, He prunes so that it can bear more fruit. The branch that does not bear fruit will get cut off and burned. It is in those times when the Lord stops our life that we get time to reflect, pray, and seek the Lord and once again come to the knowledge and realization that HE IS GOD! WITHOUT HIM I CAN DO NOTHING. That brings a security that God is my Father and without Him I can do nothing, but He will never leave me, He will never forsake me. He watches over me. It is important that we are cut back, CUT TO SIZE, that we can know WHO THE MASTER IS. And then after that we adore Him more. We come to understanding. The psalmist writes in Psalm119:17 "It is good for me that I was afflicted, That I may learn Thy statutes.” Psalm 119:67 "Before I was afflicted I went astray, But now I keep Thy word.” All His ways are loving kindness. Psalm 25:10 says “All the paths of the LORD are lovingkindness and truth To those who keep His covenant and His testimonies.” God has not rejected you, He has not deserted you,, He cares for you. But He knows how to work perfection in us. He wants to draw us closer to Him because IT IS ALL ABOUT OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS. Without Him we can do nothing. Submit, wait on Him, rest in His arms and He will guide you and He will teach you. He will make you know that He cares for you and without Him you can do nothing. That is why He makes things happen to us. It is all because He loves and cares for us. May Jesus bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment