Friday, September 14, 2012

No Quick Fix - Bible Magic


Believers have been taught to put their trust in the Bible, in the scriptures and they study and apply the scriptures like a magic wand. They apply scriptures to each and every situation and they think that they can find the solutions to life's problems in the scriptures.
The power is not in the scriptures. The power of God is in Jesus Christ, Emmanuel, God with us. The question is:”Is Jesus living in me?” and “Am I led by His Holy Spirit?.” “Am I doing His will?” Because the power of God will be in me and in my life WHEN I have submitted to Him, I trust Him and life in utter obedience to Him.
We are called to walk and to live in God's plan and to do God's will. Then the power of God will be demonstrated in and through us. There is no magic wand. There is no quick fix. The scriptures cannot change everything for me. The scriptures testify about Jesus but if Jesus does not LIVE in me then I am not a child of God and the power of God is not in me. It is not about the scriptures and my knowledge of the scriptures, IT IS ABOUT MY RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS. Am I LISTENING to His Holy Spirit? Am I grafted into the Vine? Because, without Jesus we can do NOTHING. It is all about Jesus and about His kingdom and about doing HIS WILL. Then we operate under His authority, we speak His words and we do the deeds that He has prepared for us to do. That is our calling. There is no quick fix. The scriptures cannot help you. We need to be IN CHRIST doing the works of Christ in order to be pleasing TO Him.
How is your relationship with Jesus? Are you living in total obedience to Him? Is your life submitted to Him? Are you LIVING THE WILL OF GOD?
May Jesus bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment