Monday, September 17, 2012

What are you living for?


If you are a child of God and you follow Jesus then your treasure is in Heaven it is not on earth and you do not occupy yourself with the things of this world. You do not waste away your life, chasing after things that have no meaning because in the end you will end up bankrupt. 
Jesus said, I read in Matthew 6:19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 “But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; 21 for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” If we love Jesus and we are seeking the Kingdom of God then each and every thing that we do every activity, every thought centers around the Kingdom of God, around Jesus Christ, around being pleasing to Him. He is our reason for living and we do everything to please Him. 
If we do not remain in Christ, in His perfect will, following Him, then we will be cut off. As Jesus also said, and John wrote in John 15: 1 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 “Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit. 3 “You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 “Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. 5 “I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. 6 “IF ANYONE DOES NOT ABIDE IN ME, HE IS THROWN AWAY AS A BRANCH AND DRIES UP; AND THEY GATHER THEM, AND CAST THEM INTO THE FIRE AND THEY ARE BURNED. 7 “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 “My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples.9 “Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. 10 “If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. 11 “These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full. “ If we belong to Jesus and we obey Him then we find our pleasure in doing the will of God but we must abide in Him, we must obey His Words. Our focus must be on Jesus or else we are working in VAIN. Then we don’t have an expectation. If we do not abide in Christ we will not have eternal life. If we abide in Christ, if we obey Him and are led by His Holy Spirit, we WILL BEAR FRUIT and thereby we will glorify God the Father. 
Our deeds are important. Our deeds determine where we will spend eternity. If we follow Jesus we will bear fruit. If we abide in Christ we will bear good fruit. We read in Revelation 14: 12 “Here is the perseverance of the SAINTS who KEEP the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus. 13 And I heard a voice from heaven, saying, “Write, ‘Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on!’” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “so that they may rest from their labors, for their DEEDS FOLLOW WITH THEM.” 
Do not be DECEIVED to think that your DEEDS do not matter. Faith without works is dead. Our deeds will determine our eternal destiny. We read in Revelation 20:11 “Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. 12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the DEAD WERE JUDGED FROM THE THINGS WHICH WERE WRITTEN IN THE BOOKS, ACCORDING TO THEIR DEEDS. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and THEY WERE JUDGED, EVERY ONE OF THEM ACCORDING TO THEIR DEEDS. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15 And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.” If we do not bear good fruit we will get cut off and burned. We will end up in the lake of fire. 
We are talking to believers to those who were saved but they did not bear fruit. What are you occupying yourself with? What am I occupying myself with? Am I busy with the Kingdom of God? Am I building a treasure in Heaven? Am I grafted into the Vine and am I staying in the Vine. Am I abiding in Christ and being led by His Spirit? Do I obey His Words as also written in the Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Are my deeds completed in the sight of my God? Because my deeds will follow me the day that I die and according to those deeds I will be rewarded, either with eternal life or be cast in the lake of fire. Those whose deeds are not complete, their names will not be written in the Book of Life. Dear friend, what are you living for? If you are not living for JESUS then you are living in vain. Then your life is waste. 
May Jesus bless you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment