Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Come Closer

It is wonderful how the Lord speaks to us, even in our sleep, if we are tuned in to Him and to His Holy Spirit. Last night I was dreaming, I was looking intently at something but I could not make it out properly so the voice said to me:”Come closer and you will see.” And then I woke up. I wake up every night when the Lord calls me to pray. Then the Holy Spirit said to me:”Come closer and then you will know Me better!” We have to come closer to know Jesus better but people are looking for Jesus in the wrong place. Many are looking for Him in the scriptures, in the Bible as Jesus also said and is written in John 5:39,40. “You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.” We find Jesus when we draw closer to Him, when we seek Him in prayer and we are constantly focused on Him, when we have Jesus on our mind, all day. We don't find Him other places, not with books, videos, reading the Bible, with other people, no. We find Him when we come closer to Him, when we seek Him. He says:”Draw closer to Me and I will draw closer to you.”He spoke by the mouth of the psalmist, king David: Psalm 32:8,9 "I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you. 9Do not be as the horse or as the mule which have no understanding, Whose trappings include bit and bridle to hold them in check, Otherwise they will not come near to you.” Do you need a bit and a bridle to get you close to Jesus? Or do you seek Him? Do you have a desire to be with Jesus? We only get to know Jesus if we come closer to Him, if we seek Him in prayer, always. There is no other place to seek Him. There is no other place to find Him. We must seek Him with all our heart. Our mind must always be on Him and then He will reveal Himself to us. Come closer to Jesus and He will come closer to you. May Jesus bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment