Monday, February 11, 2013

Good Slaves - Wicked Slaves

Jesus Christ calls us for a purpose, for His kingdom. He calls us to be slaves of the kingdom of God, servants who do His will, who serve Him as King. But there are good servants and bad servants. The good servant enjoys the favor of his Master, as Jesus said to His disciples in John 15:14 “14“ You are My friends, IF YOU DO WHAT I COMMAND YOU. 15“ No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.” The good slave enjoys the favor of his Master and he becomes a friend, he becomes part of the household but the wicked slave, the one who refuses to serve, he will get cast out in utter darkness, where there will be whaling and gnashing of teeth. We read in John 15:5 “I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me, and I in him, he bears much fruit; for apart from Me you can do nothing. 6“ If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch, and dries up; and they gather them, and CAST THEM INTO THE FIRE, AND THEY ARE BURNED. 7“ If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you.” What the Lord requires of us is that we be good slaves because then we become friends of the Master, then we are not slaves any longer, then He reveals Himself to us and we become part of His household. But if we are wicked and unwilling and disobedient we will get cut off and cast into the fire. Are we good servants. Are we doing what the Master is telling us to do? Or are we wicked slaves that will be cast out into utter darkness? May Jesus bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment