Thursday, November 17, 2011

Salvation depends on Jesus knowing you.

Many people are under the false impression that salvation is just believing in Jesus and then you will be saved. In the judgment day Jesus will say to many staunch believers:"Go away, I never knew you!" Why will this happen?

One night I had a revelation from Jesus, that opened my eyes and changed the way that I handled my relationship with Jesus. I learned that I never had a real relationship with Jesus even though I was a serious believer, baptized in water and baptized in the Holy Spirit. I was not just a religious church goer but to my mind a serious Christian.

I had a dream of a colleague of mine that had passed away. In this dream this man came to the gates of heaven and called out:"Lord Jesus, I am here!" A voice said:"Who are you?" My friend replied, calling out his name. The voice from inside said:"Go away I do not know you."

At that point I woke up in a cold sweat. I realized that this was a a message from Jesus. I was reminded of the words of Jesus:"Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’" Matthew 7:22,23. I asked myself the question: What will Jesus say to me? Would Jesus know me?

I remembered the scripture where Jesus said:"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;" John 10:27. I could not honestly say that I knew His voice and did follow Him.

Immediately I got on my knees and cried out to Jesus. I said:"Lord, I want to know Your voice, I want to hear You. I want to know that YOU KNOW ME and that You are pleased with me."

I started seeking Jesus more and more in prayer. I started to constantly focus on Jesus during my day and maintained an awareness of Jesus. He revealed Himself to me more and more, as He promised He would. Jesus said:“He who has My commandments (His words) and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.” John 14:22. If we obey the words of Jesus, as written in the gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, Jesus will reveal Himself to us, He will speak to us.

Seek Jesus dear friend, get on your knees and call out to Him with all your heart and He will reveal Himself to you. Do not wait until it is too late and then have to hear those terrible words: Go away from Me, I never knew you.

May Jesus bless you

No comments:

Post a Comment