Sunday, July 8, 2012

Did you receive the Spirit?


Faith in Jesus is not an academic exercise. It is not something that you read in a book, it is something that you experience when you put your trust in Jesus. Then something happens in your spirit because His Spirit comes and lives in your spirit, WHEN YOU ACCEPT HIM, when you say: “Lord I believe in You.” You cry out to Him, you say:”Lord I want You.” Immediately you receive confirmation in your spirit. You just KNOW that:”Jesus has accepted me!” You KNOW that THE SPIRIT OF GOD HAS COME INTO ME, AND I AM A CHILD OF GOD.
The only way to maintain that connection, that confirmation that Jesus has accepted me, is if I OBEY Him. If we DISOBEY Him, we grieve His Spirit, because God is Spirit. THROUGH OUR OBEDIENCE TO THE SPIRIT THAT HE HAS PUT IN US WE MAINTAIN THAT CONFIRMATION. We need to be seeking for that constant confirmation that JESUS IS PLEASED WITH ME.
Paul said that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ do not belong to Him and he also wrote in
Galatians 3:2 “did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by HEARING WITH FAITH?”
Did you receive the Spirit? Did you receive Christ into your life? And are you maintaining that confirmation that JESUS IS PLEASED WITH ME? The moment you sin the Holy Spirit in you will tell you He is grieved and if you keep on disobeying Him He will go away from you.
DID YOU RECEIVE THE SPIRIT WHEN YOU BELIEVED IN JESUS? If you have not received the Spirit, if you have not received Jesus then you need to get on your knees and cry out to Him. Say:”Lord I want You in my life!” If you have received Jesus and you have ignored Him and that voice has gone quiet, you need to REPENT, go on your knees, cry out to Him. Say:”Lord, take not Your Holy Spirit away from me. Please come dwell in me. Please forgive me my sins, but I want to be close to You. I want Your Spirit!”
DO YOU HAVE THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST DWELLING IN YOU?
May Jesus bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment