Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Not Enough Time


Most believers don't have time for Jesus. They don't have time to pray, neither time to listen. They are just busy and when they do have time they find themselves something else to be occupied. Some years ago I was offered a job far away from home, I had to commute sixty miles in the morning and sixty miles in the afternoon and it was then that I learned to listen to Jesus.
I did not switch on the radio, I did not listen to music. It was quiet in that car. Every morning I had an hour to listen to Jesus, to ask Him questions, to ponder, just to tune in to the Holy Spirit and say:”Lord. Teach me please.” And in the  afternoon I had another hour, quiet to myself and Jesus, and He spoke to me.
Dear friend, do you take time to listen to Jesus or have you got other things that are more important? Are you listening to recordings of the Bible, to DVD's and to music, to the words of men?  Or do you blank out everything else and listen to Jesus?
If you turn off the radio and start listening to Jesus, tune in to Him, seek Him with all your heart,  He will speak to you. You will get to know His voice and you will learn to LISTEN.
May Jesus bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment