Thursday, October 25, 2012

Deadwood Believers

The vast majority of believers have been deceived into believing that they only need to believe in Jesus to have salvation, they don't need to do anything. But that is a lie from satan that will cause many to end up in hell. We are called to be fruitful. If we belong to Jesus and we are IN Him, IN HIS WILL, then we will bear fruit. We will bring others to Jesus. Jesus will be seen in us, but if we do not ABIDE IN Christ, if we do not have a living relationship with Jesus, serving Him as Master then we become DEADWOOD and we will get cut off and burned. Jesus said (John 15:1)“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2“Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit. 3“You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. 5“I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. 6“If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned.” We must abide in Jesus, we must stay in His will, we must stay in that close relationship with Him, DOING what is pleasing to Him. If we do not stay close to Jesus we WILL GET CUT OFF AND BURNED. Salvation is not a possession, it is not a guarantee. If we do not stay WITH JESUS and IN HIM we will get cut off. We read in Hebrews 6:7 “For ground that drinks the rain which often falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled, receives a blessing from God; 8but if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless and close to being cursed, and it ends up being burned.” MANY BELIEVERS WILL END UP IN HELL. They will be burned. Jesus is talking about BRANCHES IN HIM. He is not talking about unbelievers, He is not talking about the world. He is talking about those who have believed in Him. If we do not bear fruit, if we do not testify for Jesus and if we do not obey Him, do what is pleasing to Him, we will get cut off. I was cut off. I WAS ALSO A DEADWOOD BELIEVER. Everything was about me, my focus was on me and what God has done for me and what I wanted to be and what I wanted out of the kingdom of God. It is not about US, it is not about OUR LIFE, it is about Jesus. I was cut off. I had a heart attack, I died. I found myself on my way to hell but Jesus had mercy on me. He gave me a second chance and that is why I am back. I am here to bear fruit. I am here to warn you that if you are deadwood you are close to being cursed, close to being cut off and burned. Come alive for Jesus, friend, before you are cut off. If we do not bear GOOD fruit we will get cut off. If we do not ABIDE IN CHRIST, if our relationship with Him is not right we CANNOT BEAR FRUIT. How is your relationship with Jesus? Are you close with Jesus, or have you become DEADWOOD? Seek Him and bear fruit before it is TOO LATE. May Jesus bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment