Thursday, November 8, 2012

Death Bed Repentance


Many people are hoping on an opportunity to have a death bed repentance. Just before they die they want to quickly pray and say:”Lord Jesus, please forgive my sins and I want to come into heaven.” What foolishness makes them think that God does not know the intentions of their hearts? If we do not really LOVE Jesus and live our lives for Him there is NO WAY that we will enter His kingdom.

God is not mocked. God is not “looking for people” to come into heaven. Jesus paid the ultimate price and He said that:”if you wish to come after Me, deny yourself, pick up your cross and follow Me.” Life comes at you fast and death comes even faster! People do not plan to die and those who are dying don't want to die. They struggle to stay alive and then death takes them!

I have seen people die. I have heard what they say. One man said:”I can't find the door! I can't find the door!” and he died without finding the door. Another man said:”I cannot cross the bridge, the burden I am carrying is too heavy!” and he died without crossing the bridge. Don't think you can fool God. Today, when you hear His voice, REPENT, turn away from sin, seek Him. TODAY, make sure with Jesus where you stand because tomorrow you might stand in front of Him and He will say to you:”When you had the opportunity, you were not interested.”

The rich man was so happy with himself. He had accumulated enough wealth for many years and God said to him:”You fool, in this night I will take your soul from you.“ Are YOU prepared to die today, tonight? Are you ready to stand before God? What makes you think that Jesus will give you the kingdom of heaven if you just want to say a quick Lord_I_am_sorry prayer before you die?

Don't be deceived friends, if we don't truly love Jesus and serve Him and live for Him, don't hope on a death bed repentance. YOU WILL BE very disappointed. Seek Jesus while you can.

May Jesus bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment