Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I found mercy


If you look at people's resumes then this world is full of perfect people, but unfortunately that is not true, that is all lies because people write on their resumes what they want others to see about them. They just want to convince the employer that they are the perfect person for the job.
Last night I lay awake and I was thinking of me, my track record and I am the least suitable person to be doing what I am doing, but JESUS HAD MERCY ON ME. He called me in spite of what I was and everything that I have done. He employed me, He called me, He accepted me to be a child of God. God accepted me as a child into His household. He gave me mercy, forgiveness, He forgave my past sins and He brought me into His house. He gave me mercy so that I can be a child of God and I can live in obedience to Him but there are many children of God who don't have mercy on other people, they don't have mercy on other children of God.
Yesterday I read an article about a thief, a person who stole somebody's wallet but he had a change of heart and he returned the wallet with a letter of apology, but now they are charging him! He did not find forgiveness, he is standing trial for his misdemeanor. There is no mercy, only judgment. How much mercy do those people expect to receive?
If we do not have mercy for others, how can we expect God to have mercy on us? I just thank God and I thank Jesus that He accepted me into His household to be a child of God. I am the least deserving, I deserve death, I deserve hell, but He accepted me. He gave me mercy. That is why I want to live the rest of my life to serve Him as a child of God, as an obedient child, to live in holiness and obedience to Him.
Have you received mercy? Do you have mercy to give? Dear friend, it doesn't matter what you have done, it doesn't matter where you come from, God loves you and He wants to give you mercy. He wants to make you a child of God. He wants to forgive your past sins, but you have to repent, and you have to obey Jesus. Turn away from sin, be baptized in water, follow Jesus, become a child of God. Seek Him with all your heart, right now, and He will extend you MERCY.
May Jesus bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment