Friday, October 28, 2011

Overcome the flesh, fear and the devil

Those who decide to follow Jesus Christ, will face many trials, temptations and tribulations but they will have to overcome, because only those who overcome, will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. As Jesus said: That those who endure until the END, they shall be saved. Dear friends, the only way that we can overcome is if we stay focused on Jesus. On our own we cannot make it, but He is with us every step of the way. The devil will do his level best to get us, to doubt in Jesus, to destroy our faith but we must stand the tests and endure until the end. The devil is a liar, a cheat and a murderer and he wants to kill us and if we allow him, he will succeed in doing so.
I want to share with you some experience in my life. I had a heart attack on July 28, 1998 and I died but by His mercy and grace our Lord Jesus allowed me to come back. Dear friends, after that, the trial did not stop, because even though I was dismissed from hospital and I had no pain, I had no medication, the pain kept on coming back, the pain in my chest. I would wake up at night in a cold sweat and wonder whether I would see the sun rise the next morning. I would be praying all night, pleading with God to keep me alive, rebuking the devil. I did not tell anybody about it, but I was in a struggle for life and death. Dear friends, after a year the pain disappeared but in that year I had to learn to truly trust in Jesus. I had to overcome the devil, I had to resist him. It was only when I decided not to fear the devil anymore. When I said satan you cannot kill me, whatever you want to do, you cannot touch me, I will be around as long as Jesus wants me to be here. You can do nothing to me, I don’t fear you. I ignored him and I would be praising Jesus and then the pain disappeared, the fear disappeared. It is because in that time I had learned to put my focus on Jesus. The devil will send you symptoms of a pain, he might send you some infirmity, a sickness and you run to the doctor, the doctor cuts you, he is just trying to help. But dear friend, the devil is trying to kill you and he will succeed if you allow him. But if you focus on Jesus, then He will teach you wisdom. Jesus said: Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all the other things will be added unto you. The devil wants you to fear, he wants you to doubt God and then he had succeeded because once doubt comes in, then the devil has planted his seed in you and that seed will grow until he kills you. You’ve got to kill that seed, you got to reject satan, resist him in the Name of Jesus and get your focus on Christ and on His Kingdom, not on yourself, not on self preservation. Get your focus on Jesus and on seeking His Kingdom. What can I do for the Kingdom of God? What value am I to the Kingdom of God? Dear friend, if I am useless for the Kingdom of God, there is no reason for me to stick around. Why should God keep me here? And that is where the Lord showed me that the tree that does not bear fruit will be cut off. The branch what does not bear fruit, will be cut off. The branch that does bear fruit, will be pruned, yes. But if we do not bear fruit, if we are just focused on ourselves, there is no reason why we should be here.
Dear friend, we must overcome, if we want to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. The only way that we can overcome is when we put our focus on Jesus all the way because then we understand that He determines my life and the devil cannot touch me and I will be around as long as Jesus decides for me to be around. But I want to make use of everyday that He gives me to build onto His Kingdom, to be useful for His Kingdom. No man can touch me, if God does not allow him. I am here for His glory, I am here to please Him and by His grace I will overcome, I will overcome the flesh, fear, the devil. I will overcome everything in the Name of Jesus as long as I stay focused on Jesus and His Kingdom, on doing His will. And when my time comes, He will fetch me, an overcomer, not because I am good but because my focus is on Jesus. Are you an overcomer? Are you focused on Jesus or do you allow the devil to come and plant seeds of doubt which will eventually kill you? The decision is yours my friend. Are you going to trust Jesus or will you allow the devil to destroy you?
May Jesus bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment