Friday, February 24, 2012

The Books are Being Written - Our Deeds are Being Recorded

There are books being written every day and we also read in the book of Revelation about books that will be opened, books that are being written right now. I read from Revelations 20:11 “And I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. 12And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and the books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. 13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; AND THEY WERE JUDGED, EVERY ONE OF THEM ACCORDING TO THEIR DEEDS. 14 And death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.”
There are books being written about each of us today, about your life, about mine, right now, about our deeds, what we are doing and we will be judged by what is written in those books. For most of my life I have been serving myself, serving sin. I did what I pleased to do, but I thank Jesus that He forgave me for the sins that I did, when I repented. But what really matters now is what is written in the books after I came to Jesus because that will determine where I spend eternity.
If we truly believe in Jesus then that which is written will reflect our obedience to Jesus and doing what is pleasing to Him. We were made for His purpose. The question is: Are we serving His purpose? Are we doing what Jesus wants us to do, or are we doing that which we please? We will be judged according to what is written in the books. Are we pleasing to Jesus or are we pleasing ourselves?
May Jesus bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment