Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Do not listen to a brother, preacher, prophet! Follow Jesus

As children of God we are servants of God and we take our instructions and guidance from the HEAD, JESUS CHRIST, from nobody else. Jesus did not appoint leaders to guide us.  He said One is your Leader, even the Christ Himself. Jesus is very serious about HIS CALLING and about OBEDIENCE to HIM alone. We read in 1 Kings 13 about a young prophet that God sent to go and deliver a message to king Jeroboam .  I read from 1 Kings 13:7-9 after he had delivered his message "Then the king said to the man of God, come home with me and refresh yourself, and I will give you a reward. But the man of God said to the king, if you were to give me half your house I would not go with you, nor would I eat bread or drink water in this place. For so it was commanded me by the Word of the LORD, saying, you shall not eat bread, nor drink water, nor return by the way by which you came." (But then something happened):11 Now an old prophet was living in Bethel; and his sons came and told him all the deeds which the man of God had done that day in Bethel;" And this old prophet went and he caught up with the young prophet and he said to him :15-19 "Then he said to him, come home with me and eat bread. And he said: I cannot return with you, nor go with you, nor will I eat bread or drink water with you in this place. For a command came to me by the Word of the LORD, you shall eat no bread, nor drink water there; do not return by going the way which you came. And he said to him I also am a prophet like you, and an angel spoke to me by the Word of the LORD, saying, bring him back with you to your house, that he may eat bread and drink water. BUT HE LIED TO HIM. So he went back with him, and ate bread in his house and drank water.”
See the king could not persuade him but he was persuaded by another prophet. We should not listen to other men of God, women of God.  We are called to LISTEN TO JESUS alone.
“So he went with him :20-22 Now it came about, as they were sitting down at the table, that the Word of the LORD came to the prophet who had brought him back; and he cried out to the man of God who came from Judah, and said: Thus says the LORD, Because you have DISOBEYED THE COMMAND OF THE LORD, and have NOT OBESERVED THE COMMANDMENT WHICH THE LORD YOUR GOD HAVE COMMANDED YOU… But your body shall not come to the grave of your fathers.” And we read further that :24 "now when he had gone, a lion met him on the way and KILLED HIM, and his body was thrown on the road, with the donkey standing beside it; the lion also was standing beside the body.”
Dear friends, he was killed because he DISOBEYED GOD.  JESUS is serious about His calling and when He calls us, He calls us with a PURPOSE and HE REQUIRES ABSOLUTE OBEDIENCE.  We must not listen to each other.  Peter also stood in the way of Jesus.  We read in Matthew 16:21-23 "From that time Jesus Christ began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised up on the third day. And Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, God forbid it, Lord! This shall never happen to You. But He turned and said to Peter, Get behind Me, SATAN! You are a stumbling block to Me; for you are not setting your mind on God's interests, but on man's.”
Dear friends, the devil will use a brother to deceive you.  The devil is using preachers in pulpits to deceive the children of God and that is why you CANNOT TRUST A MAN you must TRUST JESUS.  You must get to know the voice of the Lord Himself and follow Him.  Trust no man.  If you follow after men you will fall in the ditch.  God hassled you with a purpose to do His work and you can only please Him if you DO what HE TELLS you to do.
Some years ago I was preaching to some people in a very dangerous area back in South Africa.  I used to go there on Sunday mornings and one Sunday morning at four o'clock I woke up after I had dreamed that in this township where I normally went I had been shot and I was lying there dead, but I could hear these people speaking.  And the one man said to the other one, "why did you shoot him?  Did you not know that he comes here to help us and to preach?" He said: "I don’t care about that."  Dear friends, I called the leader of that congregation that morning and I told him that I will not be coming because the Lord told me not to come. He said to me, "No God will not tell you that."  I will tell you that another preacher that went into that same township the following week, was shot dead.
We must OBEY JESUS CHRIST friends.  Do not LISTEN to a brother or a sister or to your wife or to a prophet or to any person who professes to have a message from God.  JESUS CALLED YOU and HE WILL GUIDE YOU.  Take your guidance from HIM and from nobody else, or it can cost you your life.
DO what JESUS COMMANDED you to DO and DO so to the finest detail because He does not tolerate DISOBEDIENCE.
May Jesus bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment