Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Stop whining and sinning

The narrow road, following Jesus Christ is not an easy road.  There are some Christians that tackle that road and then there are two common mistakes that many make, to their own detriment. The one is SIN and the other one is to WHINE and to COMPLAIN.  We must remember that when Christ calls us, we must trust Him all the way and we must trust Him with our lives.  If we start whining and complaining when things go differently from what we expected then we are complaining against God. There are many people that say when I was back in the world things went better with me, now that I follow God it is going difficult that is exactly the same as what Israel said.  God delivered them from Egypt, from bondage and when they got into the desert, they started longing back to Egypt for the flesh pots and the pleasures they had in Egypt. They did not appreciate their freedom. A lot of Christians do that. I want to read for us from Hebrews 3:5-6 about faithfulness. He says “Now Moses was faithful in all His house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken of later; but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house-- whose house we are, (we are the House of Christ, we are a temple of the Holy Spirit) He says if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end.”  We need to hold fast until the end.  We do not finish this race until we get to the very end and successfully finish it. He says in Hebrews 3:7-13 Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says, "TODAY IF YOU HEAR MY VOICE, DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS AS WHEN THEY PROVOKED ME, AS IN THE DAY OF TRIAL IN THE WILDERNESS, WHERE YOUR FATHERS TRIED Me BY TESTING Me, AND SAW MY WORKS FOR FORTY YEARS. THEREFORE I WAS ANGRY WITH THIS GENERATION, AND SAID, 'THEY ALWAYS GO ASTRAY IN THEIR HEART, AND THEY DID NOT KNOW MY WAYS'; AS I SWORE IN MY WRATH, 'THEY SHALL NOT ENTER MY REST. Take care, brethren, lest there should be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart in falling away from the living God. But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called "Today," unless anyone of you be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.” God took these people out of Egypt out of bondage but in that wilderness they never got to trust Him. They were whining and complaining and they fell into sin.  And those very people God took out of Egypt with a mighty Hand with signs and wonders, He killed them in the wilderness.  Many Christians that have started the walk with Jesus will not finish it, they will fall by the wayside because they are whining and complaining and they are depressed and they are longing to go back into sin. Many of them have fallen back into sin and because of that you will never enter the Promised Land.  We must hold on right until the end. He says Hebrews 3:15 while it is said, "TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE, DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS, AS WHEN THEY PROVOKED ME." These people, these Israelites they provoked God, they got Him so ANGRY that He slayed them in the wilderness. He says:16-17 For who provoked Him when they had heard? Indeed, did not all those who came out of Egypt led by Moses? And with whom was He angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the wilderness?” They did not enter the Promised Land, their children did.  So for us there is a promise and a hope of entering into the Kingdom of Heaven.  But if we sin and we whine and we complain God will get angry at us and we will not enter into His kingdom. He says in :18 And to whom did He swear that they should not enter His rest, but to those who were disobedient?”
So many Christians don’t want to be obedient, they say no they don’t want to obey they just want to believe in Jesus they do not want to obey Him.  Those who were DISOBEDIENT, if we are disobedient to Christ, we will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. :19 He says and so we see that they were not able to enter because of unbelief.” Why do we get worried? Why do we get distressed as Christians?  It is because of UNBELIEF.  If we trust Jesus with all our heart then we shall not be in unbelief, we shall not be in fear and in distress.  We will not be whining and say:"Oh you know things are going so bad you know I wonder what God is going to do."  God is in control my friend and if we submit to Him and if we obey Jesus Christ we’ve got confidence and we can come to Him and say:"Lord I am your child Lord, I obey You.  I do everything as You command me Lord but I am in trouble Lord I am in distress.  Lord Jesus please, please help me" and then the peace of God will come into your heart but, if you start whining against God, just watch out if you start sinning just watch out God might just strike us down.  It is not an easy road, it is a difficult road.  I am on it myself I haven’t finished this race.  There were times that I whined that I complained and you know the Holy Spirit spoke to me, He said to me: "Who are you complaining against, who you whining against?"  And then I realized man I am whining against God. I said:"Oh Lord forgive me.  Forgive me Lord, I repent of this evil in me that I complain against You.  Lord forgive me of this sin inside of me that I complain against Almighty God" when He extended His Hand of love to me and He says: Lo I am with you always and I doubted God and I say Lord please forgive me.  Let us not whine against God because if we whine against God and we complain against God and we murmur and we are not satisfied and we are uncertain, it is disbelief and that is fear and that fear is sin.  And because of that God might just spew us out of His mouth.  Let us repent of that and trust Jesus with our whole heart.  You need to repent say "Lord I am sorry that I have distrusted You, Lord this is a sin in me, please take it out from me, forgive me for it. And from now on I am going to trust You Lord, I am going to praise Your wonderful Name because I know that you are in control and you will NEVER ever let me down."
Jesus bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment