Monday, August 20, 2012

Following the REAL Jesus


People sometimes ask me how I know that it is the real Jesus that I am following and that it is not a different Jesus. The Jesus that I follow is the Jesus of the Bible, the Jesus who said; I read from Mark 16:15-18. He said: “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16“ He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned. 17“ And THESE SIGNS WILL ACCOMPANY THOSE WHO HAVE BELIEVED: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; 18they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it shall not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
That is the Jesus that I follow because many of those signs have followed for me and they still do, every day. My life is a miracle. The greatest miracle is that Jesus came and lived in me and He changed me, I am not the person that I used to be.
A tree is known by it's fruit. If we belong to Jesus we will be like Him, we will be interested in the Kingdom of God, not in our own affairs. Many people say they believe in Jesus but you cannot see it from what they are, how they live, how they talk. Their fruit does not show that they are children of God. Our fruit will show whether we are real or not. The world will see Jesus in us IF He is living in us. You cannot hide the light that is in you and if there is no light in you then you are darkness, then you fit into the world. If the world loves you then you are part of the world but if the world hates you because of the Jesus that you follow then you are following the right Jesus.
Get to KNOW the REAL JESUS and follow Him and this world will reject you, they will hate you but you will experience the POWER of the living God. You will KNOW Jesus FOR REAL.
May Jesus bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment