Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Simplicity of the Gospel of Jesus Christ


The gospel of Jesus Christ is extremely simple. It is so simple a child can understand it. I heard the gospel when I was five years old. I repented and accepted Jesus and I understood that I had to be baptized in water. The preacher refused to baptize me and I said to him:”Sir, if I die tonight and I go to hell because I am not baptized in water, then you will be to blame.” And he baptized me at five years old because I insisted. That is how plain and simple the gospel is.
Repent of your sins, accept Jesus into your life, be baptized in water and you will have the peace of Christ in your heart! And then, ask Him for the baptism in the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth.
I could not read at five years old, I was not yet in school, I couldn't read the Bible but I knew Jesus and I was seeking for the baptism in the Holy Spirit until the Lord baptized me when I was 18 years old. The biggest problem in my life was that I did not stay focused on Jesus. I was distracted by people, all the famous name preachers and all the stuff that they talk, their interpretations of the Bible, and that derailed me. That took me away from Jesus but by His mercy and His grace He drew me back in, into the reality of a relationship with Him, the simplicity of following Jesus, of praying all day, of hearing His voice, of following Him, seeking to be pleasing to Him. You don't need an education. You don't need to know the Bible, YOU NEED TO KNOW JESUS! Few of the first believers could read or write, they were illiterate people but they knew Jesus and they craved the baptism in the Holy Spirit and when they received the baptism in the Holy Spirit they went out in the power of the Holy Spirit.
The disciples were simple men, fishermen. They were not literate, few of them were literate but you don't need to be literate. You don't need to be educated. You need to repent and be baptized and baptized in the Holy Spirit and with fire and then the Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth.
It is all about your relationship with Jesus, if you don't have that you are dead. If you don't have the Holy Spirit in you, you don't have life in you. The Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth.
Jesus taught me the Bible, after I could read and I was full of doctrine! He had to reformat my hard disk (brain). He said:”No. Let Me explain to you what was meant there!” If you don't have the Holy Spirit, if you are not led by the Holy Spirit you cannot be following Jesus. That is the simplicity of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is for children! Cry out to Jesus, repent of your sin, cry with remorse, turn away from the world and the things of the world, accept Jesus into your life, STOP SINNING, BE HOLY, BE BAPTISED IN WATER. Ask Him for the baptism in the Holy Spirit, PRAY EARNESTLY, UNTIL THE FIRE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT FALLS ON YOU and you are FILLED through and through! And then you have the POWER to be a witness for the Kingdom of God because then Jesus lives in you!
That is how simple the gospel of Jesus Christ is! It is JESUS CHRIST IN YOU! And if He is not IN you and His light is not shining THROUGH you, you don't belong to Him and you don't know Him.
Have you found Jesus?
May Jesus bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment