Saturday, August 18, 2012

What is sin?


The wages of sin is death. The unrighteousness and ungodliness of men attracts the wrath of God and it is because of sin, unrighteousness that the wrath of God comes on the world and on people and nations, Now the question is often asked: What is sin? All unrighteousness is sin. Immorality is sin. Harming other people is sin, abortion is SIN, murder. Harming your own body , suicide, it is sin. But there are other things that are also sin.
Now if we should stop sinning altogether, will we have eternal life? No. We will avert the wrath of God but we will not have eternal life. Eternal life comes through obedience to Jesus, accepting Him as Lord and OBEYING Him. We need to REPENT, turn away from sin and from gratifying ourselves and we must OBEY JESUS, do that which is pleasing to Him. We need to be baptized in water for the washing off of our sins and then we must ask Him for His Spirit to come and live in us, to guide us so that we can KNOW what is pleasing to Him and that we can DO what is pleasing to Him.
Everything that is not pleasing to Him becomes a sin in us even if those things are generally not accepted as a sin. Any thing that makes a separation between me and Jesus is SIN. Anything that is an idol that is more important to me than Jesus is SIN. It is my relationship with Jesus that will determine whether I will have eternal life or not. If I stop sinning altogether but I do not OBEY Jesus and I don't care for Him then I will not have life. If I am unfruitful, if I do not bear fruit of righteousness and obedience to Jesus then I will get cut off and I will not have eternal life. Eternal life is knowing God the Father through Jesus and KNOWING Jesus, loving Him and OBEYING Him. Anything that is more important than Jesus is SIN and separates me from Him and might cause me to end up in damnation, it might cause me to be cut off.
Eternal life is knowing and obeying Jesus Christ, being pleasing to Him. King David knew that. He said:”Lord, let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable unto Thee, my God and my Redeemer.” It is about being pleasing to God and we can only be pleasing to God IF we OBEY Jesus. If we do not obey Him, if we do not repent and turn away from our futile lifestyle, chasing after the desires of the flesh, living in sin and unrighteousness, if we don't repent of them and accept Jesus as Lord and obey Him, get baptized in water and seek His indwelling Spirit, a close communion with Him, THEN WE DON'T HAVE ETERNAL LIFE. Salvation depends on our relationship with Jesus, the quality of our relationship with Jesus. Is there anything that is more important to you and to me than Jesus and being pleasing to Him. Do we really KNOW Him? He will say to many believers who cast out demons, who were preaching the gospel and who thought that they were doing good, He will say to them:”Go away I never knew you, you workers of unrighteousness.” Why will He say that? Because they were not in relationship with Him. They did not LISTEN to Him, they did not FOLLOW Him, they did not LOVE Him and OBEY Him.
We need to be part of the Kingdom of God. If we OBEY Jesus we become CHILDREN OF GOD. Those who believe in Jesus have the POWER to become CHILDREN OF GOD. If you are a child of God you OBEY God, you LIVE TO PLEASE HIM, you walk with God and you follow Jesus. Anything that comes in between you and Jesus is a sin that separates you from Him and from eternal life.
How is our relationship with Jesus? Are we close with Jesus? Are we pleasing to Him? If His Holy Spirit is dwelling in us He will immediately convict us if anything comes between us and Him. We need CONSTANT CONFIRMATION from Jesus ALONE to KNOW that we are pleasing to Him. Are we pleasing to Jesus or is there SIN in our lives? Is there something that separates me from Jesus?
May Jesus bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment