Thursday, January 26, 2012

Should a Christian resist?

Should a Christian resist when they are treated unfairly? What should we do? Jesus Christ is our Lord and our Master and He is our King. And if we serve Him and we are part of His Kingdom then we do exactly as He told us to do because He is the King.

We read what Jesus said about resistance in Matthew 5:39-41 Jesus said: “But I say to you, DO NOT RESIST AN EVIL PERSON; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40 “If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. 41 “Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two.” That is what Jesus said He said we must not resist an evil man and Jesus never resisted evil either. We belong to Christ we do not belong to ourselves anymore. What do we want to resist against? We are not part of this world this is not our Kingdom the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to Christ. I don’t belong to myself anymore, I belong to Jesus Christ. I am a bond slave to Christ and I am called to obedience to Him to do His very will. I am not to protect myself. He will revenge He will look after me if He wants to. If somebody takes something of me so what, I belong to Christ. What I must do is OBEY JESUS CHRIST if He is my LORD? If I take it on myself to defend myself then I am REBELLIOUS, I must OBEY CHRIST.  See what Jesus said about when people insult and persecute us. We read in Matthew 5:11-12 “Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. 12“Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.”

Hallelujah thank God that I can be persecuted for Jesus Christ. Many Christians are persecuted because they are LOOKING FOR TROUBLE and because they are DISOBEDIENT TO CHRIST. A REBELIOUS man will not go into heaven. It was because of rebellion that satan was cast out of heaven. And if we are disobedient to Christ we are rebellious to Him and we will not enter His Kingdom. If we as Christians feel that we have to vindicate ourselves we need to REPENT because then we are not doing the will of the Master. The commandments of Jesus the sermon on the mount are not an option they are not a nice to have they are a INSTRUCTION for a disciple of Christ. He said why do you call Me, Lord, Lord and you do not do what I say. It is easy to avenge your self to put the fist out it is easy to say we got a right I am not going to be pushed around we got rights. We got no rights people. If we are nailed to the cross and we pick up our cross every morning every day, deny ourselves and follow Christ we obey Him. We do not vindicate ourselves and that is how we show that we are disciples of Christ it is if we obey His commandments. He said that if you love Me, you will keep My commandments and that is tuff and that is how we demonstrate our love to Christ.

We as Christians do not resist we obey Jesus Christ. He never spoke back right until they hung Him on a cross, until He died He did the will of the Father. We as His children as His followers as disciples of Christ are called to obey Jesus Christ and do what He told us to do. Then we shall be children of the Most High God.

No comments:

Post a Comment