Friday, January 20, 2012

Sinning less is NOT REPENTANCE

To repent does not mean to sin less or to sin during the day and ask forgiveness at night.  That is not repent. What repent means is to make a hundred and eighty degree turn, to turn around.  You were going north and now you are going south, you are going in the opposite direction. If you REPENT and follow Jesus, you do not follow your own mind and your own feelings and the desires and the lusts of your flesh anymore.  You have made up your mind to follow Jesus and to obey Him.  Now how can you follow Jesus because you cannot physically see Jesus?  When He walked this earth, He said to the disciples: "Come here and follow Me." The way that you follow Him now is if you call on Jesus and you accept Him as your Lord, He gives you His Spirit to guide you into all truth and then you must follow the Holy Spirit that He gives to guide you.  If we walk according to our own desires, our own flesh and we sin, then we must die but because we have repented, I seek to please Jesus and I do what His Spirit tells me to do.  I don’t seek my own lusts and my own interest any more, but I seek Jesus and through my relationship with Him continuously praying and focusing on Him, I hear what He says to me and He guides me by His Spirit so that I can be pleasing to Him.
Paul wrote in Romans 8:6-9“For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace.” So if I set my mind on my flesh and the desires of my flesh that means I will die, but if I set my mind on Jesus and His Holy Spirit then He will guide me into life.
Verse 7-9 He says "because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, and those who are in the flesh cannot please God. However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.”  When you accept Jesus, He gives you the Spirit of Christ and you've got to follow that Spirit. And you must ask Him for more of His Spirit.  He promised His Holy Spirit baptism to those who obey Him, to those who have repented, who have been baptized in water.  He promised the Holy Spirit baptism and the Holy Spirit will guide them into all truth.  But we must LISTEN and OBEY, our mind must be set on the Spirit of God.  If you have not REPENTED you will not follow the Spirit of Christ.  Repentance means to TURN AWAY from yourself, to stop following the lust of the flesh and to follow after the Spirit of Christ that He sent to guide us into all truth.
The only way that we can please God is if we LISTEN to the HOLY SPIRIT.  If we don’t have the Holy Spirit we have not met Jesus yet. We’ve got no guidance.  We must ask Him for His Holy Spirit who will guide us into all truth and then we will not sin anymore because we seek to please Him.
May Jesus bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment